With our continued successful growth, We are always looking for talented and experience individuals to join our team. Some of our popular roles:
The primary purpose of this role is to control and coordinate all site-based construction activities to ensure that assigned construction works are completed to the client's satisfaction and to meet quality, time and profit objectives. This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to oversee a large package of works with one of our most reputable Tier 1 construction clients.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Apply contemporary practices in construction methodology to complete assigned works in compliance with client expectations, company objectives and all contractual obligations.
- Manage daily project quality systems with respect to inspections, checklists, documentation and record keeping.
- Daily cost tracking, forecasting, and commercial reporting.
- Provide support for site staff in resolving issues that may be associated with the scheduling and coordination of trade contractors and suppliers.
- Take ownership for the project budget and liaise with site staff to ensure project targets are achieved
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and review of construction management plan.
- Ensure correct supervisory levels, construction cost, schedule and change management.
- Ensure that HSE requirements and risk controls are considered in all construction planning processes.
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
- Trade qualification in Engineering, Science, Building Construction.
- 8+ years' experience gained on construction, engineering or associated projects.
- Contemporary practices in construction methodology.
- Advanced financial management including cost reduction and meeting budgets.
- Experience delivering Government projects highly desirable.
- A proven track record with a Tier 1 or 2 contractor delivering large-medium scale projects
- Planning, programming and coordinating skills
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Extensive project management experience, predominantly within the delivery of multi-million dollar large scale civil infrastructure projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and / or equivalent an advantage
Senior Foreman/Site Manager
One of Sydney's fastest growing Civil Contractors - who have been awarded a number of projects - have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Foreman/Site Manager [Civil] to join them and assist in the delivery of projects between $5-10m
This is a full time permanent role with long term employment opportunities in Sydney. Due to the nature of the works the company undertakes, you may be required to work NIGHT SHIFT
As a Senior Foreman/Site Manager - [Civil] you will be responsible for:
- Manage on site construction activities to ensure construction program is being met - usually over 2 - 3 sites
- Monitor & Mentor the Site Foreman & Project teams
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and deliver cost effective construction methodologies
- Ensure work is delivered to the highest standards in terms of quality, environmental and health and safety
- Manage client and stakeholder interaction during construction
The Requirements of the Senior foreman/SITE MANAGER - Civil:
- 10+ years experience in civil infrastructure construction
- Previous experience working on RMS road projects
- You are a self starter and ambitious
- This is a close knit company so it is important to be a team player
- Driving License
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
For more information please contact us.
A position has become available for an experienced senior Civil Estimator to join their growing team of industry professionals.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to take the next step in into leadership and management. Working on projects with a value of up to $30 million you will assist with estimating for civil infrastructure projects.
- Local NSW Civil Construction experience - infrastructure, earthworks, roadwork’s, drainage, sewer
- Extensive experience in estimating focusing on infrastructure
- Customer Service
- Intermediate computer skills
- At least 3 years experience in an estimating role
What's in it for you?
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work with a progressive, ever expanding, forward thinking contractor in the civil industry. This will include a very attractive full salary package that is in keeping with market rates and offer a secure long term position with career progression. Contact Us for more information.
Plant Operator / Drivers
The job will involve:
- Operating excavators ranging in size from 3.5T to 35T
- Completing pre-start checklists on machines
- General machine maintenance
To be considered you will require:
- Current drivers licence
- Excavator tickets or VOC's
- Experience in concreting, RMS work including trenching and excavation is essential.
- Ability to excavate to laser levels
SD Civil will provide uniforms and a company vehicle to the right candidate. There is also the opportunity to gain experience in operating other types of machinery